GGGI recruits a Citywide sanitation Intern
Based in Seoul, the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is an intergovernmental organization founded to support and promote a model of economic growth known as “green growth”, which targets key aspects of economic performance such a poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion, and environmental sustainability. GGGI works with countries around the world, building their capacity and working collaboratively on green growth policies that can impact the lives of millions. The organization partners with countries, multilateral institutions, government bodies, and private sector to help build economies that grow strongly and are more efficient and sustainable in the use of natural resources, less carbon intensive, and more resilient to climate change.
Why be an intern at Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI)?
If you are thinking of entering the world of international organizations and green growth, an internship at the GGGI could be the ideal start for you. The objective of the internship is to give you a first-hand experience of the day-to-day working at GGGI. The Internship Program is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate students to gain experience through research assignments based on GGGI’s current operational needs. GGGI welcomes motivated, open-minded, and self-directed individuals to apply. You will be given an opportunity to work directly with outstanding and inspiring Green Growth professionals, participate in workshops and meetings, and contribute to analytical work as well as innovative rethinking on sustainable green growth. Interns will be selected based on merit and cannot be children or siblings of current GGGI staff members.
Can you be a GGGI intern?
Are you enrolled in a Master’s or in a Ph.D. program, or in the final year of a Bachelor’s program in a sanitation-related field?
Have you completed Bachelor’s, Masters or PHD Degree in a sanitation-related field, in the last 12 months?
Are you between a first degree and graduate school (gap year)?
Do you have excellent command of English?
Things to keep in mind for interns:
- Duration: The internship program lasts for at least three months and can be extended up to six months. Once selected, interns must begin your internship either prior to or within 12 months of graduation.
- Cost: GGGI interns are paid USD$500 per month. All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation, and living expenses must be borne by either the interns or their sponsoring institutions.
- Visa: GGGI will provide a supporting letter for visa. Interns will be responsible for obtaining and financing the necessary visas.
- Travel: Intern will arrange and finance their travel to the internship location.
- Medical insurance: Interns must present proof of valid medical insurance to GGGI.
- Confidentiality: Interns must be discreet and keep confidential all unpublished information obtained during the internship and may not publish any documents based on such information.
- Academic Credit: Interns may get academic credit from their institution of higher education for the internship. Interns need to check with their university to confirm their academic credit policy for internships.
We are looking for a talented individual to work as Citywide sanitation Intern in GGGI Senegal Office for each of the following cities: Kaolack & Kolda. He or she will stay in the chosen city during the internship and be assigned to the Municipality.
The assignment will include the followings but not limited to:
- Support in delivery of the citywide inclusive sanitation (CWIS) approach and results, as well as associated data collection, benchmark, review and analysis work;
- Support the preparation and the implementation of domestic events related to the green city development strategy and roadmap;
- Support deliverables and implementation of the green city development program, including coordination with the Municipality, local community, administrative, academic and private sector stakeholders.
- Support in identifying Project Ideas that are consistent with partners and GGGI Priorities and drafting related synopsis;
- Support notetaking and representation at relevant green cities development events, requiring GGGI participation.
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
GGGI evaluates applications based on eligibility requirements, relevance of academic study and work experience (if any); and the level of interest and motivation to contribute to development work. Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Languages Required: English/French (local language proficiency an asset)
- Starting Date: Date when the selected candidate is expected to start anticipated on May 4th, 2020
- Contract Duration: 3 months (9:00 – 18:00 working hours) renewable once for three months as per GGGI program needs
- Reporting Line (Supervisor’s Title): Sanitation Officer
- Precision: Please indicate the city of your choice in your cover letter
- Closing date : 15 April 2020
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter ce lien: https://careers.gggi.org/vacancy/internship-program-in-senegal-country-office-citywide-sanitation-417156.html