Mercy Ships hiring General Supply Assistant.
The General Supply Assistant stores, moves and delivers products and supplies around the ship, ensuring that documentation, labeling, and placement of items around the ship are accurate. Helping to unload containers and receive local supplies, the General Supply Assistant moves around the ship a lot in a physically demanding role.
What you’ll contribute:
- Assist in maintaining a current inventory count and accurate usage reports of general supplies, taking regular physical stock inventories
- Ensure all stock is appropriately labelled and tracked using the inventory management system
- Report any pertinent information related to job challenges, issues, or improvements to the General Inventory Controller
- Keep equipment and stores areas clean and in good order
- Demonstrate and promote a proactive commitment to health & safety, well-being and the environment
For this role, you’ll need:
- Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program
- Previous experience with supply management beneficial
- Good problem solving abilities with strong organisational and planning skills
- Familiar with the use of a computer, databases, and email
- Ability to lift 10 kg regularly, up to 25 kg occasionally, and work for prolonged periods of time standing
Closing date: 10 February 2021