UNOPS recruits a Comunications Senior Officer.
Under the direct supervision of SNMC Director, the Communications Senior Officer will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support the development and management of a communication plans UNOPS Office in Senegal
- Produce high quality communications and visibility materials in French and in English
- Prepare articles to increase visibility of UNOPS and its Partners on websites and Social Media
- Oversee preparation of short videos and photo stories of projects during their implementation
- Address ad-hoc communication requests
- Ensure the production of external communication materials and products (brochures
- information documents, newsletters, etc.)
- Collect project achievements to support external communication of results and lessons learned from SNMC projects
- Represent SNMC in communication and knowledge management initiatives
- Support the implementation and monitoring of existing and newly developed project communication plans
- Follow-up on outstanding SNMC projects to ensure that the achievements of these projects are properly captured in the right communication formats for external outreach purpose and for partner satisfaction
- Liaise with communications focal points of partner organizations to ensure that communications strategies are aligned between UNOPS and partner organizations on existing projects
- Coordinate with partner organizations during project implementation to ensure that joint communications are organized as much as possible (for example, joint press trips to field sites, etc.)
- Develop content, presentations, correspondence, briefings, talking points and all other external communication material including content for social media
- Liaise with the Communications Group in Head Quarters as well as project communication focal points colleagues on communication matters when necessary
- Assist with developing outreach and other events in coordination with the HQ Communication Group.
- Facilitate and support the implementation of different projects visibility events planned within the framework of the projects and ensure their dissemination to the various stakeholders
- Develop monitoring and communications materials using multi media such as drones, videos and still photography.
- Develop communication plans for each project during and/or after the project development phase whenever requested by donors and/or Hub
- Develop factsheets and capacity statements that are used to communicate the value-add of UNOPS to external partners, including but not limited to Ministries/Governments and financing bodies such as World Bank, IsDB and EU
- Coordinate and review project reporting to donors
- Ensure that reports are produced to a high quality, and are submitted as per the required schedule of reporting to different donors
- In conjunction with program and project managers, ensure the timely delivery of progress reports to donors and project partners in compliance with coordination requirements
- Maintain regular contacts with all project teams to ensure timely and accurate data relating to the progress of works
- In close consultation with the PMO and Support Services ensures adherence to internal reporting mechanisms
- Prepare briefing notes for internal and external audiences on program/support services performance and other issues, as and when required
- Establish and maintain project results files or similar to gather and document key
- results emerging from projects
- In close collaboration with the PMO and Support Services actively support projects operational and financial closing processes to ensure timely submission of Final Financial Report to donors
- Implement daily aspects of SNMC’s Communication Strategy
- Analyze all aspects of good performance, identifying good practices, lessons learnt and opportunities for improvement
- Develop, maintain and update partners and clients contact list/database
Impact of Results : The Hub has consistent messaging across multiple platforms regarding our projects and operations.
- A Master degree in business administration, development studies, political science, international relations, journalism, social media, social science, is required.
- A bachelor’s degree combined with 2 additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the MA.
A minimum of 2 years of experience in communications and report writing is required
- Knowledge of the UN system and familiarity with UNOPS procedures is an advantage
- Experience of working in conflict or post-conflict environments highly desirable
- Skills in good level presentation, interpretations and communications writing are required
- Experience creating communications materials using drones highly desirable
- Drone pilot license highly desirable
- Full working knowledge of French is is essential.
- Fluency in English is a strong asset.
Contract type, level and duration
- Contract type: International Individual Contract Agreement (IICA)
- Contract level: IICA-1
- Contract duration: Ongoing
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
- It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
- Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information – UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter ce lien: https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=21553