Dalberg is hiring a Talent Director.
We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Data Insights, Dalberg Media and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 450+ people from 50 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with 40%+ female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners and communities.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 29 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg.
The position of Director of Human Resources and Talent – West Africa (Abidjan, Conakry, Dakar and other cities under review) is an opportunity to help Dalberg reach new levels of impact and influence on the continent. He/She is primarily responsible for coordinating Dalberg’s human capital development strategy for the entire West African region, as well as executing human resources functions for all these countries. Individuals with experience managing teams and operating in a matrix management structure, who are passionate about high quality execution and who recognize the essential role of talent in building successful organizations are encouraged to apply.
The position is full time and will report directly to the Country Director of Dalberg Senegal. The incumbent will maintain a permanent functional relationship with the partners / directors of the Dalberg offices in West Africa. He/She will oversee the work and results of the coordinators in charge of human resources, skills development and talent acquisition in the West Africa region, with the team of shared services in Africa and those responsible for operational functions worldwide. The position may be based in Dakar or Abidjan and requires frequent travel.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Ability to detect and anticipate HR needs to concretely meet Dalberg West Africa’s growth objectives, while ensuring the well-being of employees on all HR levels
- Motivated by challenges and solutions-oriented attitude to serve as an impetus for consolidating the corporate culture
- Excellent understanding of trends, innovations and best practices in human capital development and succession preparation
- Open-mindedness and intellectual curiosity to master all the business lines present in the company and ability to understand the different interactions and the culture of the company
- Critical thinking, attention to detail and ability to solve problems, along with strong analytical skills, especially qualitative analysis on human resources and the ability to synthesize results to inform decision making
- Proven ability to manage multiple processes simultaneously, adjust priorities when necessary, work under pressure, manage modules transparently and meet tight deadlines
- Experience in a strategic position in professional services companies such as consulting, law or accounting firms, or at least in a multinational company
- Bachelor in science, psychology, management or a higher degree
- At least 7 years of professional experience
- Proficiency in French and English
- Availability to travel abroad if needed
- Relational and emotional skills required:
- Empathy and strong communication skills to liaise effectively with all company employees, and effectively present and advocate for internal development opportunities
- Intercultural sensitivity, knowledge and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Pragmatism, to manage the expectations and aspirations of employees
- Responsiveness and ability to proactively bring forward proposals to promote relevant internal developments benefiting both parties
- Experience working with colleagues in multiple locations is an asset; flexibility in working hours will be required to allow effective collaboration with people in other offices around the world
- Sensitivity and discretion in handling information
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication and team management skills
Desired digital skills
- Mastery of HR / labor law legislation in several countries and / or regions, especially in West Africa
- Ability to learn and use software packages such as Deltek Maconomy and Talent, Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, etc.), SharePoint, Alumni Fire, and others
- Knowledge of social media and other professional networks (eg Glassdoor, LinkedIn, etc.)
What you will do and how you will grow
- Build a stimulating work environment so that each employee can progress towards an ideal of fulfillment and the achievement of company objectives
- Contribute to the reflection around all HR services and businesses and their alignment with the organization’s growth objectives
- Drive the optimization of business processes in accordance with group policies for the achievement of Dalberg’s objectives in West Africa (training, development, performance, etc.)
- Translate Dalberg’s development ambitions in West Africa into HR strategies and operations while building a culture of results and a work environment that values each employee
- Monitor the impact of Dalberg’s culture on individuals and their results to aid in decision-making on internal processes
- Develop and maintain a solid knowledge of the international consulting market and global development as well as expertise in human capital management trends and practices in each country where we work
- Oversee the staffing process for strategic positions in West Africa, support and coach managers throughout the process
- Support the different offices in planning and managing change
- Act as an expert and adviser to partners and managers to adapt and consolidate Dalberg’s growth strategy in West Africa
- Measure, analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of human capital management practices in order to anticipate future business development trends in West Africa
- Develop all the necessary tools for talent management and monitoring of key indicators in line with the strategic choices made at the global level in order to improve the company’s human resources management practices
- Be an expert in relation to the policies in place to support Dalberg teams and propose solutions to issues related to talent acquisition and skills management planning for offices in West Africa
- Support partners in understanding human issues and developing their teams to produce more impact. Also animate talent reviews and set up succession plans
- Encourage continuous reflection at the regional level, particularly with regard to staffing, training, retention, personal development and performance
- Analyze and report on hiring forecasts and other recruitment data to inform decision making in the West Africa region and identify areas to improve processes at the West Africa and global level
- Evaluate business processes (recruitment, operational management of personnel and management of training) in order to improve our efficiency in drawing on existing networks, in particular by revitalizing our senior referral program with a view to boost diversity, equity and inclusion
- Identify and update best practices in human capital management by further integrating the digitization of processes and the facilitation / supervision of “work from home”
About our clients
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world.
Join our team
This position can be based in Dakar or Abidjan.
Please submit your application at our Career Center by April 15th, 2021. Note: candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Your application should include a resume and cover letter.
During the same recruitment period, please only apply to one position at Dalberg. This position should be the role best suited to your current professional experience and to your first preference location. You will have the opportunity to rank your next 2 location preferences within your application, in case there are openings in other offices.
Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for a number of interviews to test their skills and to discuss interests and experience. They will also be asked to perform exercises intended to simulate aspects of the role. Interviews will be conducted by phone or videoconference.
Dalberg is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected ground, in accordance with applicable law.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter ce lien: https://dalberg.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSeeker/applyTo/269