Peace Corps hiring Facilities Management Specialist.
- Closing date: May 2, 2021
- Position status: Full time (40 hours/week)/local hire
- Location: Dakar, Senegal
- Compensation range: Gross salary + benefits: 14,433,916 CFA to 22,577,560 CFA / annum
The Facilities Management Specialist (FMS) position is based in Dakar and reports to the General Services Manager (GSM). The incumbent assists the GSM in assuring post operational efficiency and effectiveness and in that capacity is in charge of coordinating the work of one General Services Assistant Electrician and Janitors. The FMS is responsible for overseeing the maintenance, repair, and overall management of Peace Corps Senegal’s facilities and equipment.
This is a multi-functional position requiring a high degree of energy, flexibility and self-direction. Due to the myriad of duties required, the FMS will need to have an inborn sense of prioritization, customer service skills, planning and attention to detail capabilities, and the ability to efficiently delegate and follow-up on assigned tasks, and set strategic vision. The position requires working some evenings, holidays and weekends. The FMS is authorized to operate PC vehicles to perform work within the scope of outlined duties, act as an Occasional Money Handler (OMH), and receiving officer.
The full statement of work is available on the Peace Corps Senegal website via the following: https://www.peacecorps.gov/senegal/contracts/
- Education: University degree in Facilities Management, Logistics, Business Administration or a related field is required. Additional training and certification in general services, inventory management, supply chain, or other relevant fields is a plus.
- Work experience: Eight years of progressively responsible duties in Facilities Management or General Services or related fields with at least three years of supervisory experience. Experience in an international organization and fleet management are a plus.
- Languages skills: Proficiency in French both written and oral, English level 3. One local language is required. Candidates will be tested.
- Computer skills: Solid knowledge of MS Office and its various applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) is required. Candidates will be tested.
Selected candidate will need to pass a full background/security check and show proof of residency or ability to work in Senegal.
Qualified applicants are required to submit the following:
- Resume and Cover letter in English
- Three professional references
- A copy of national ID or passport
- Certified copies of degrees
All applications should be submitted electronically to SN-HR@peacecorps.gov with “Facilities Management Specialist” in the subject line no later than 11:59pm by Sunday May 2nd, 2021.
Peace Corps Senegal does not accept documents saved on any cloud format including Google. The file size should not exceed 8MB.
Incomplete and/or late applications will not be entertained, nor applications not submitted in English. No phone calls or e-mails. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Peace Corps does not discriminate against an applicant because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.