ONE Campaign is hiring a Digital Manager.
ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality.
Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s supporters are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
About the opportunity
The Digital Manager, Africa will help develop digital strategies to support ONE’s campaigns and initiatives across Africa. They will lead the development of digital messaging working with other members of the Digital and Africa teams to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
The ideal candidate will be creative and passionate about using digital and mobile channels to support campaigning work and build a movement of engaged supporters across Africa. They will thrive in a work environment that supports innovation and collaborative work with team members and colleagues around the globe. They will have strong experience of managing projects, together with a track record of working within a communications, advocacy or campaigning environment.
This is a full-time opportunity reporting directly to the Africa Campaigns Director based in our Johannesburg, Abuja or Dakar office.
In this role, you will
- Lead the development and delivery of digital strategies to support ONE’s campaigns and projects across English and French-speaking countries in Africa.
- Find opportunities for utilizing Digital Strategy in the actualization of the Building Out ONE in Africa plan.
- Recommend and drive solutions/standard methodologies towards that end.
- Work closely with the Global Campaigns team to ensure ONE in Africa’s digital strategy is aligned with the
- Maintain up to date specialist knowledge, identify the latest trends and technologies affecting our industry and deploy the same in the execution of ONE in Africa’s Digital Strategy.
- Contribute to ONE’s overall digital strategy and help advance ONE’s digital output to further engage new and existing supporters.
- Develop and optimize ONE’s supporter engagement across digital channels, promoting tools, features and content, ensuring supporter insights are at the core of every campaign.
- Work with the Campaigns team to seek out digital opportunities to deliver ONE’s supporter engagement strategy.
Campaigns collaboration & channel management
- Lead on developing and promoting Africa focused content across ONE’s global channels
- Ensure digital content and platforms are integrated into ONE’s global campaigns and contribute to broader campaign development.
- Provide direction on the use of mobile channels such as Messenger and WhatsApp to support campaigns.
- Support ONE Africa teams to develop and roll out digital plans to grow ONE’s Africa social platforms.
- Work with Digital Media Manager to develop paid acquisition strategies across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to support campaign and platform growth objectives.
Metrics tracking & reporting
- Collate reports on pre-determined metrics and ensure that all set targets are achieved.
- Measuring and reporting on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns
- Analyzing metrics and performance data and identifying trends to inform future strategy
Project management & supervisory responsibility
- Lead projects from initiation through to final deliverables, incorporating feedback from relevant partners and overseeing project budgets as appropriate.
- Responsible for leading expenditures within the approved budget, researching projected costs for departmental activities and ensuring proper approvals have been obtained for business expenditures
- Lead own time, prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment and ensure that projects are delivered on time to meet a pre-agreed schedule.
- Under minimal direction, plans conduct and supervise assignments.
- Exercises independent judgement and may train or mentor less-experienced staff.
- Support and advise Africa based colleagues on standard methodology and emerging trends that will grow and develop ONE’s digital engagement.
Additional duties as assigned.
What you bring to ONE
- A Bachelors degree in a related field preferred.
- Should possess a minimum of six (6)years of post-secondary experience or equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of digital content and social media.
- Excellent digital writing and editing skills.
- Experience in integrating paid advertising strategies to support campaigns.
- Experience in using mobile technologies such as SMS or WhatsApp to support campaigns
- Experience in working with design and brand teams to develop a creative direction for projects.
- Experience in managing third-party agencies and freelancers.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Puts data and supporter insights at the core of everything; ability to define, review and analyse campaigns to understand their success. The ability to link campaign opportunities, objectives and metrics back to business challenges and Key Performance Indicators.
- Experience in Content Management Systems such as WordPress
- Experience in using social media management tools such as Buffer and Facebook Business Manager.
- Demonstrated entry-level management experience or potential for leadership.
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines while performing in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Related work history in poverty and infectious disease alleviation, advocacy, policy, legislation and/or demonstrable interest in the causes ONE supports.
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines while performing in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Related work history in poverty and infectious disease alleviation, advocacy, policy, legislation and/or demonstrable interest in the causes ONE supports
- The ability to work in South Africa or Senegal is required
- An understanding of the complexities surrounding collaboration in a global matrix organization
- Highly organized, analytical, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Collaborative approach and strong interpersonal skills
- Remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Takes action and is results-focused
- Flexible and resourceful
- Independent problem solver
Closing date : 22 May 2021.