Save the Children is hiring a Regional Monitoring and Accountability Advisor.
The Regional Monitoring and Accountability humanitarian advisor (R-MAA) will use technical expertise, contextual understanding and relationship building skills to provide a critical link between Save the Children’s global and country level MEAL work, strengthening our technical offer at the regional level and raising the quality, consistency and effectiveness of monitoring and accountability throughout the region especially in humanitarian contexts.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder is expected to be able work outside the normal role profile with possible deployment at the relevant country office and with varying working hours. The role is expected for 40% of his time to support emergency responses and humanitarian categorized responses across the region.
University degree in relevant field
Experience And Skills
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in MEAL roles in humanitarian/ development contexts.
- Significant experience of MEAL system setup and management of MEAL in humanitarian contexts (high risk working environment)
- Experience and knowledge of monitoring systems, including robust and responsible data collection and use.
- Experience and knowledge of systems for accountability to children and communities, including information sharing, participation of adults and children, and feedback and reporting mechanisms.
- Experience and knowledge of evidence generation and learning, including designing/ commissioning, implementing and applying: needs assessments, baseline studies, and evaluations.
- Experience in MEAL capacity building, e.g. training, supervising, coaching and mentoring.
- Ability to prepare and facilitate technical MEAL trainings and workshops.
- Skilled at communicating and influencing across relevant teams and offices.
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure contexts.
- Proficient in speaking and writing in French and English.
- Proficiency in relevant data collection and analysis software.
- Strong remote-working abilities.
- Experience of promoting quality and impact through at least one cross-cutting area: gender equality and inclusion, adaptive and safer programming; child rights; disability; migration and displacement.
- Experience and knowledge of Save the Children’s structure, mandate and child focus.
- Contract length: 01 year
- Type of Contract: National
- Work location: Dakar or any country of implementation of SCI in the region
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Closing date: 30 Apr 2021 – 23:59 GMT.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter ce lien