IFC is hiring a Counsel, Dakar, Senegal.
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector investment arm of the World Bank Group promotes sustainable private sector development in emerging markets, helping to reduce poverty and improve people’s lives. The Legal Department of IFC (CLED), under the Vice President Risk & Sustainability and General Counsel, is responsible for providing legal and policy advice to the IFC Board, its Management and client departments on operational, advisory and corporate matters. Specifically, CLED supports client departments in
(i) the delivery of IFC’s annual program of financing private sector projects in emerging markets; (ii) project portfolio management (including jeopardy projects and projects in litigation); (iii) the delivery and design of structured finance products, sub-national lending, equity and quasi-equity, public-private partnerships, and investments in funds; (iv) advising on corporate policy and operational matters; and (v) knowledge management and training. To support IFC’s growing activities in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA), CLED is recruiting a qualified Legal Counsel to be based in Dakar, Senegal.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Providing advice and support to Investment and Advisory colleagues located in Africa.
- Assume primary lawyer responsibility for new and portfolio investments and advisory services projects in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Advise on the selection of outside counsel in Sub-Saharan Africa, manage outside counsel and legal costs.
- Interacting and communicating with colleagues in Washington to facilitate the provision of excellent legal services in SSA, including providing advice and support to colleagues in Washington working on projects in SSA;
- Obtaining and expanding country knowledge, experience and best practices arising from the business in SSA and efficiently sharing this knowledge.
- Providing general advice and support with respect to all aspects of IFC’s business in SSA.
- Qualified to practice law in one or more jurisdictions.
- At least 8 years relevant international law firm and/or international financial institution. and/or development institution experience, post conflict countries preferably in developing countries and/or cross border transactions.
- Ability to handle complex corporate and commercial transactions independently.
- Willingness to assume multiple roles and tasks to meet changing business needs with an ability to foresee troubleshoot and effectively resolve conflicting issues and challenges.
- Ability to assess risk in a practical and responsible manner and make fair, well-reasoned, independent and transparent decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to deal sensitively in a multicultural environment and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues across the Corporation.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment with quick turnaround expectations. Willingness to travel throughout SSA frequently and on short notice.
- Professional integrity and sound judgment in handling confidential information.
- Experience with “know your customer”, anti-money laundering and anti-corruption policies and procedures desirable.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter ce lien: https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/requisition/11622/application?c=worldbankgroup#1