FHI 360 hiring Director of Administration and Finance.
FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director of Administration & Finance for an anticipated 5-year USAID Senegal – Integrated District Health project. Senegal’s Integrated District Health (IDH) – will support the implementation of comprehensive health plans at the district level that address the key drivers of maternal, neonatal, and child morbidity and mortality in five priority regions of Senegal to improve the health status of the target populations.
The activity combines technical assistance for service delivery and universal health coverage, social and behavior change, subgrant funding and health systems strengthening into one mechanism. The focus of the mechanism is at district, health facility, and community levels, with support to the regional level to effectively supervise and monitor lower-level interventions. The current anticipated award date for this activity is Nov. 30, 2020. **This position is subject to project award and funding.
The Director of Administration & Finance (DAF) will have senior level responsibility for the budget and general finance functions / staff in a large region or division, or at the overall corporate level. S/he will translate the company’s financial strategies into tactical plans, reporting requirements, procedures, and processes. The DAF’s responsibilities will include developing and overseeing financial plans and policies, accounting practices and procedures, and ensuring that the organization’s financial and strategic goals are attained. S/he will work with all areas of finance to include Contract Billing & Revenue Recognition, Cost & Pricing, Financial Systems, Internal Audit, and Financial Compliance. The DAF will oversee the final content and distribution of all financial reports for external and internal entities. S/he will ensure that the budget reflects current business operations and will adjust qualitative and quantitative analytics to reflect the changing business environment, as needed. S/he will select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
The DAF will be responsible for the leadership and strategic direction of the purchasing, facilities, and travel departments. S/he will provide management direction to ensure effective operations, seeking compliance with government regulations, satisfaction among internal clients, and efficient and constantly improving operations. The DAF will participate in long-term organizational planning – particularly supporting efforts to minimize fixed costs. S/he will keep abreast of many aspects of the organization’s initiatives in order to make informed decisions and adjust priorities as needed. S/he will Identify, design, and oversee applicable corporate and strategic initiatives. The DAF will Implement successful strategies to improve quality of service, productivity, and cost efficiency. The position will be based in Dakar, Senegal.
- In charge of managing the Administration & Finance Department, the DAF supervises all activities relating to the accounting, financial, management control and general services of the organization and its related entities (Human Resources, IT, Contracts / Purchasing and Admin).
- Collaborates with finance team to maintain operation accounts (authorization, validations, payments of invoices, wages).
- Monitors, validates, and transmits monthly accounting deliverables to HQ.
- Tracks and budgets expenses.
- Leads the development and implementation of annual plans in accordance with strategy and policies.
- Ensures compliance for budgets that have been allocated for the FHI 360 Senegal office.
- Guarantees good accounting and financial reporting for the FHI 360 Senegal office.
- Manages the development and analysis of the financial reports of different projects.
- In charge of preparing and analyzing monthly expenses.
- Responsible for the preparation and coordination of the monthly closing work.
- Responsible for developing and modifying budgets.
- Participates in accounting work: verification of supporting documents, monitoring of payments
and processing of transactions in the accounting software.
- Participates in the management of advances, the monitoring and the liquidation of mission
advances, workshops, staff, partners and consultants.
- Manages salary preparation, tax return statements.
- In charge of drawing up grant agreements and contracts with local partners. These responsibilities include: assessment of administrative and financial management capacity before signature of an agreement or contract, assistance with the preparation of partners’ budgets, review of partners’ budgets in partnership with the technical / programmatic team, development administrative and financial management skills of the partners, in collaboration with the Headquarters Contract Management Department (CMS).
- Participates in partner expenditure analysis work.
- Prepares and helps facilitate various audits of accounts and financial statements.
- Coordinates work with the management control unit.
- Ensures compliance with legal and administrative deadlines specific to associations.
- Ensures the security of different sites, data, assets, and people.
- Ensures the coherence of internal information systems.
- Responsible for all operations related to human resources, finance, contracts, markets and administration.
- Ensures the supervision of teams and the management of service managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent.
- Master’s degree or minimum BAC + 4 in finance and accounting or equivalent degree, preferred.
- Minimum of 8+ years (10 years preferred) finance management experience.
- At least 6 years of USAID Public Funding Management practice.
- Preferably 5 years of experience in a senior managerial position.
- Strong knowledge of US federal regulation (contract and sub-partner management).
- Experience in capacity building in NGO financial accounting
- Expertise in US government costs principles, rules and regulations and their application in program decision-making.
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word, and accounting software.
- Strong ability to develop accurate and timely reports to donors.
- Ability to work in a multi-sectoral, multi-disciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Experience working as a member of a high-performance team.
- Have an excellent ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone,
printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other handheld devices.
- Less than 10%
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter ce lien: fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com