Job Profile Summary
BP’s Mauritania and Senegal business is one of the newest and most exciting of BP’s Regions – opening up new frontiers on the Africa Deepwater margin.
This includes the ground-breaking cross-border Tortue project (the fastest Deepwater discovery to sanction LNG project in the world), Yakaar (the largest discovery of 2017) and Orca (the largest deepwater discovery of 2019).
The Region currently has three projects – Greater Tortue Ahmeyim LNG project on the border of Mauritania and Senegal (Phase 1 in execute with first gas 2022 and follow-on phases targeting up to 10Mtpa of LNG), Yakaar-Teranga (a multi-phase project in Senegal with a domestic gas to power first phase currently pre-FID) and Southern Mauritania Gas Hub (a further LNG opportunity encompassing two discoveries and further appraisal opportunity in Senegal).
With 6 blocks in M&S and 12 blocks across Cote D’Ivoire, Sao Tome & Principe, Madagascar and The Gambia, totalling over 50,000km2 of acreage, there is the potential for a material, long-term business for BP and the host countries.
The Planning and Commercial Operations team, within Finance function, supports the commercial and budgetary delivery internally and externally of the business.
The role incorporates planning and commercial analysis in support of M&S Region strategy, project optimisation, investment decisions and financials management and reports to the Region Planning Manager. The role will focus on the Tortue projects, though there may be opportunities to support other projects/Region activity sets. Flexibility and « one team » behaviours are critical in what is an exciting and dynamic « start-up » environment.
The successful applicant will be expected to take leadership on certain products and a supporting role on others, including support to the Business Managers and technical functions, as appropriate.
This also offers a unique opportunity for the successful applicant to help shape a modern, efficient and effective new business and to build relationships with partners, State entities and technical functions.
- This role is expected to focus primarily on the Tortue projects with responsibility for all planning and commercial analysis and with a focus on business value optimisation.
- May include aspects of negotiation support, partner/ ministry interactions as well as involvement in Finance structuring, support to marketing and optimisation of commercial terms.
- French language skills are beneficial but not a requirement. Experience in financing and/or fiscal structures would also be a benefit.
- Occasional travel into country is likely, but primarily the role is based in Sunbury.
- Provide effective economic analysis for decision making in support of project investments – including articulation of the business case, fit with strategy, risks and reward, and reporting Economic metrics under different commercial & technical scenarios;
- Support partner OCM meetings in particular regarding budgets, address partners’ requests and provide latest forecast for cash call reporting;
- Help develop data and messaging in support of negotiations and drafting of agreements for new business opportunities;
- Preparation of Financial Memorandums (FMs) and AFEs;
- Support estimation and reporting of proved / probable reserves and SMOG valuation;
- Insightful analysis of metrics to support management understanding of the financial outlook & direct their focus towards areas of possible improvement/risk;
- Help identify financial options & commercial optimization for the Area to deliver cash and grow value, including the cash & WC impact of potential business decisions;
- Input to risk processes to protect and secure value.
- Delivery of the internal plan process for the asset(s) within the role’s responsibility.
- Coordination of Function inputs (inc Global Projects Organisation, Global Operations Org and Reservoir Developments), including providing insight through variance analysis continuous monitoring of plan performance
- Work with planning lead to ensure accurate financialization and develop robust MI;
- Support Regional Business Reviews (RBR), Regional Financial Reviews (RFR), Area Development Plans (ADP), adhoc strategic executive reviews, etc.
- Deep experience of commercial analysis and planning in Upstream with strong performance record;
- Good understanding of the Upstream business as well as the strategic business perspective to be able to challenge inputs received in order to ensure alignment on resource usage and optimization;
- Proven ability to lead delivery of work products and manage conflicting priorities and uncertainty;
- Ability to manage data with the necessary rigor and attention to detail to underpin insightful analysis;
- Demonstrates commercial acumen, strategic thinking and the ability to create insights from data analysis, with willingness to challenge the status quo;
- Strong Financial analytical skills and understanding of economic indicators;
- Advanced Excel and Power point skills
- Drive to continuously improve and to help set up the new region in a modern and efficient way
Laisser un commentaire