PATH hiring Technical Program Manager.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The global health sector is undergoing a digital transformation in its ongoing commitment to solve health challenges and increase health equity. Our work focuses on supporting countries in using data and digital tools and approaches to accelerate and amplify their health investments, achieve their health outcomes, and increase health impact. An important driver and component of that work is the digital transformation of global health itself. The Center of Digital and Data Excellence (CoDE) works with government ministries of health, the private sector, and donors to improve the use of digital technologies and data for improved health services.
The CoDE team has two global initiatives that we support the development of, Digital Square which is a global initiative, supported by PATH and funded by multiple donors, including USAID and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, to invest in and mature the field of global digital health to realize this promise. We are maturing the field by improving coordination and alignment of both the donors that fund digital health projects and the community that implements them. We are improving the open source digital health software ecosystem and the capacity of governments to choose, maintain, and use these global goods. This increased coordination and matured software ecosystem will allow low- and middle-income countries to effectively manage their own regional and country digital health systems, thereby reducing reliance on development technical assistance over the longer term and improving health impact. For more information about Digital Square, its objectives and our progress to date please visit our website.
CoDE is also supporting a second initiative funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, to develop, implement, use, and evaluate interoperable health information systems to achieve HIV/AIDS and TB epidemic control through improved health informatics policy, governance, workforce capacity, and systems under PEPFAR. PATH is working with CDC in this award to implement several organizational objectives, one of which is the establishment of the necessary policy, governance, and standards frameworks needed to support development of e-Health strategies, information systems, electronic health information exchange (HIE)s, and human resources for health. The HIT Technical Assistance Platform (TAP) project is a step towards achieving a digital public health future. The focus of the HIT TAP for its initial year in operation is to address the following current fundamental challenges:
- Opening up existing health informatics data ‘silos’ within and across PEPFAR Countries
- Guiding National laws and legal provisions to support digital health informatics initiatives
- Ensuring the confidentiality and security of patient information
- Ensuring consistent HIE standards within and across PEPFAR Countries to facilitate electronic data exchange
- Ensuring all Country Team leadership, partners, and processes are informatics-savvy
- Providing country staff with basic skills to manage informatics contracts and contractors
- Tracking and managing PEPFAR’s informatics investments
- Monitoring and measuring health informatics development progress and impact
- Work with the program team to develop HIS policy guidance and global standards/frameworks distilled from desk reviews and global standards – contextualized for current implementation in Vietnam
- Support CDC country coordinators to develop, review, and contextualize these HIS policy guidance/frameworks to be utilized in Vietnam
- Provide technical assistance to countries and on the design and deployment of digital health infrastructure providing advice to governments, teams, and donors
- Contribute to preparation of project reports, and presents briefings on proposed and ongoing activities.
- Support trainings, webinars, meetings, connectathons, interoperability labs, etc.
- Provide technical expertise to the Open Proposal Process by reviewing proposals, identifying opportunities for collaboration between proposals or with other initiatives, and suggesting technical approaches.
- Provide project management to approved proposals, including managing deliverables for timeliness and completeness, and providing additional technical oversight and implementation support as needed.
- Advise on standards, documentation and other activities to accelerate reuse and adaptation of existing global goods.
- Contribute to development and tracking of project work plan, timelines, milestones, resource allocation, and deliverables associated with assigned projects.
- Represent CoDE at workshops, conferences and other events
- Other duties as necessary and as assigned.
Required skills and experience:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree and five (5) to ten (10) years of experience providing technical assistance for healthcare-related ICT interventions in low- and middle-income settings.
- Practical experience in health information and disease surveillance systems, interoperability and international standards; open global health information system software such as, but not limited to, DHIS2, OpenMRS and iHRIS.
- Passion for PATH’s mission, as well as for broader global issues of public health, information systems, technology and international development
- Availability to travel to the field to provide short term technical assistance
- Fluency in English and French required.
- Advanced degree in public health or technology-related field (e.g. computer science, international relations, economics) a plus.
Candidates must have legal authorization to work in the country of application.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter ce lien: https://path.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=304914