PATH recruits a Focal Point Louga, MACEPA -Tracking Code 9958
PATH seeks to recruit a Focal Point, who will be based in Louga and work closely with the MACEPA Senegal team to mobilize local stakeholders: regionals, districts health management teams, private pharmacies and community stakeholders to support implementation of interventions for malaria control and elimination. The Focal Point will report to the National Coordinator based in Dakar.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
In the framework of the implementation of the Lives and Livelihoods Fund-financed Malaria Prevention and Pre-Elimination Support Project, whose administration and financial management are ensured by the National Malaria Control Program (PNLP) coordination department; PATH have an agreement with PNLP to scale up case investigation in 25 districts in the northern and central regions.
- Coordinate the activities of supporting team in districts for the region.
- Work daily and in close collaboration with the Region and district team to monitor and support implementation of activities in the agreed action plan at health posts.
- Work on a daily basis and in close collaboration with the Regional and District team to Coordinate the collection of (a) weekly epidemiological data of all health posts, and (b) entomological data as required, and (c) drug stock levels for the integrated monitoring sites.
- Coordinate the monitoring and investigation of all confirmed cases identified by health posts, and ensuring that the team led by Infirmier Chef de Poste (ICP) proceed with the screening and treatment, per agreed Standard Operating Procedures, of any confirmed cases of malaria that are suspected to be locally transmitted, symptomatic or asymptomatic.
- Ensure that the data of health huts are promptly reported to the relevant health posts.
- Coordinate with the ICP to support the investigation and monitoring of confirmed cases identified by health posts that are suspected to be locally transmitted (i.e. not imported).
- Ensure that monitoring data of private health facilities are reported in a timely fashion and are integrated into the general data monitoring of district.
- Ensure that monitoring data is shared with CBOs, health committees, local councils and local communities in order to maintain their commitment to malaria elimination in the districts.
- Ensure that CBOs, health committees, the mayor, local authorities are invited to participate in coordination meetings as appropriate.
- Participate in meetings, training and supervision work related to malaria in the districts, as appropriate.
- Report activities performed in line with action plan on a monthly basis.
- At least 3 years field experience working with and coordinating multiple stakeholders and community health workers.
- Health Technician, Administration-teaching.
- Ability to communicate with health posts, relays.
- Fluency in French, Wolof.
- English a strong plus.
- Knowledge of the region.
- Ability to travel within the districts at least 60% of the time.
- Strong working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Comfortable with new technologies (mobile phone and tablets for reporting)
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Closing date : 3 April 2020
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter le lien: https://path.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=304220&company_id=15780&version=1