Customer Team Coordinator
Supply Chain/Logistics Operations
Last application date: 26/9/2019
We are looking for a dedicated team player to join our Delivery Team in Cape Town. In this role, you will be expected to build sustainable relationships with customers.
When you join Maersk, the world becomes your workplace. You will feel the diversity and dynamics of our international business from day one.
We offer a position in a challenging and ever-changing environment in which you will gain industry knowledge, sharp communication skills and techniques relevant to the delivery of intermodal services focused on customer satisfaction.
This will equip you with the competencies required for operations’ roles, deepen your potential and career development as well as contribute to your team’s and organization’s success.
• When changes arise in transport plan, a viable alternative solution needs to be provided within a stipulated time frame
• Evaluation of cases/issues and capture voice of customer to ensure instant resolution takes place
• Attend/set up Telecoms to address customer concerns, regularly over views of account (status)
• Get understanding of the customers business when proposing viable solutions
• Actively engage with Customer Services and Intermodal Vendors for workable solutions and time resolutions
• Be cognizant of contract customers and their requirements (example: Ford / Nike)
• Building customer relationships is key – instill confidence in our intermodal product
• Conduct quarterly customer surveys to improve inland service delivery
• Identify recurring service failures and process gaps in intermodal delivery and initiate steps to address root cause
• Convert demanding situations into pleasant experience for our customers
• Ensure all intermodal related additional charges (after the fact) in intermodal systems are added and ensuring GCSS is updated for full cost recovery and customer notified accordingly
• Continuous best practice sharing and knowledge within the team
We are looking for
• Customer Service focused
• Ability to collaborate and influence
• Understanding of local cultures
• Intermodal Knowledge
• Out of the box thinking