IOM is hiring a Finance assistant G4/1.
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and nongovernmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
The IOM Country Office in Senegal is recruiting a finance assistant capable of providing support to the finance unit for all financial and administrative aspect of the project.
Under the overall supervision of Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Extract and input data from various sources in financial or accounting systems;
- Respond to accounting, budget or financial queries regarding data from staff in the unit and elsewhere;
- Assist in the preparation of the payroll by executing validity checks on monthly payroll results;
- Review all types of payments starting from purchase to payment requests verifying that they are duly authorized, and all the supporting documents are attached therewith;
- Create new Vendor Accounts in PRISM;
- Verify vendor requests for accuracy and conformance with IOM finance policies and instructions;
- Perform claim verifications against documentation to ensure that purchases/services are properly authorized and that the goods have been received or services rendered;
- Prepare necessary receipt and journal vouchers;
- Assist in the preparation of budget, accounting, financial, statistical reports and other reports as required;
- Provide assistance to all staff services such as travel, expense claims, document retrieval, etc.;
- Ensure proper and systematic filling of all posted payments and other accounting documents according to the established standards;
- Responsible for the Petty Cash of the office; and,
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required qualifications and experiences
Education & Experience
- High school degree/certificate in accounting, finance, project management, or administration with minimum four years of relevant work experience or
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with minimum two years of relevant work experience.
- Previous working experience in Finance, Accounting,
- Proven knowledge in Microsoft office tools
- Proven experience using SAP financial tools
Fluent in French and English are required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to: email@example.com referring to this advertisement in the subject: “**VN-CO-007-2021 and complete name**”. Application must contain a CV and a cover letter in a unique file.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date : 24 June 2021.