Peace Corps hiring Medical Assistant.
- Closing date: May 2, 2021
- Position status: Full time (40 hours/week)/local hire
- Location: Dakar, Senegal
- Compensation range: Gross salary + benefits: 18,079,202 CFA to 27,831,266 CFA/ annum
The position is based at the Peace Corps Office in Dakar, Senegal. The Medical Assistant (MA) works under the guidance of Peace Corps Medical Officers (PCMOs) and reports to the Country Director (CD) for administrative issues (unless CD authorizes PCMO supervision). The MA will be responsible for providing administrative support and, to the extent credentialed, clinical support, including but not limited to: working as the health unit receptionist, actively assisting the PCMOs in clinical care, screening phone calls, taking messages, coordinating requests, scheduling medical appointments, distributing medicine to Peace Corps Volunteers (PCVs) under PCMO oversight, and other clerical and administrative functions in support of the PCMOs. Ability to maintain confidential information is critical to this position. The MA is authorized to operate PC vehicles to perform work within the scope of outlined duties and act as an Occasional Money Handler (OMH).
The full statement of work and required forms for submission (TG 110 Attach B – MA Privileging Form and TG 110 Attach C – MA Skills Checklist) are available on the Peace Corps Senegal website via the following link: https://www.peacecorps.gov/senegal/contracts/
Qualifications required for effective performance:
- Education: Successful completion of a nursing school (technical/university degree), general medical school, or medical assistant program, and valid registered clinical license/diploma or applicable knowledge and experience obtained through on-the-job training under the direct guidance of a provider (supporting documentation must be submitted).
- Work experience: Two years of progressively responsible related experience with knowledge of administrative medical duties related to health services. Clerical and secretarial experience is desirable.
- Basic knowledge of administration of health units/facilities, including procurement of medical supplies and inventory control.
- Languages skills: English Level IV. French Level V. Candidates will be tested.
- Computer skills: Solid knowledge of MS Office and its various applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) is required. Candidates will be tested.
Interested applicants will need to pass a full background/security check and show proof of residency or ability to work in Senegal.
Qualified applicants are required to submit the following:
- Resume and Cover letter in English
- TG 110 Attach B – MA Privileging Form
- TG 110 Attach C – MA Skills Checklist
- Three professional references
- A copy of national ID or passport
- Certified copies of degrees
All applications should be submitted electronicallyto SN-HR@peacecorps.gov with “Medical Assistant” in the subject line no later than 11:59pm by Sunday May 2nd, 2021.
Peace Corps Senegal does not accept documents saved on any cloud format including Google. The file size should not exceed 8MB.
Incomplete and/or late applications will not be entertained, nor applications not submitted in English. NO PHONE CALLS or EMAILS. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Peace Corps does not discriminate against an applicant because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.