DRC hiring a Grant Management Trainee.
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Based in Copenhagen (Denmark) and present in forty countries, the Danish Refugee Council is a non-profit-making, politically independent, non-governmental and non-denominational relief organization.
Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in West Africa since 1998. The DRC West Africa Regional Office (hereafter: WARO) is based in Dakar, Senegal, and covers six countries outside of Senegal. Led by the Regional Director, the DRC WARO oversees, supports and provides strategic directions for DRC’s Country Offices within the region, which currently includes Mali, Burkina Faso, the Niger, Nigeria, Cameroon and the Central African Republic.
Based in the DRC West Africa Regional Office (hereafter: WARO), the Grant Management Trainee will support the reinforcement of an efficient and timely grant management for two countries (the Niger and Cameroon) covered by the WARO, and also for the projects being implemented and/ or coordinated by the WARO itself. The Trainee will work intensively with the Support Services (especially its Finance Department) but also the Programmes.
It is a unique opportunity to join a well-known international organization and benefit from a support adapted to the practical application of academic teaching.
Under the management of the Regional Head of Support services, and with the technical management of the Regional Head of Programmes, the Grant Management Trainee will have the following activities and tasks:
- Keep track on and coordinate donor reporting schedule and requirements, as stipulated in the various donor contracts, through the preparation of the Rolling action plan ensuring all relevant staff are aware of their obligations;
- Oversee the timely drafting of donor reports with program staff;
- Oversee the grants component of DRC Dynamics system;
- Manage follow-up of contractual and official information and correspondence for the relevant grants;
- Ensure regular updating of DRC’s grants management tool (via DRC Dynamics).
- In coordination with relevant staff, design, maintain and inform internal procedures, systems and tools to facilitate DRC compliance with contractual obligations to donors;
- Contribute to collecting and centralizing information on new funding opportunities, calls for proposals and donor guidelines.
All the tasks mentioned above will be primarily, if not exclusively, for the DRC WARO, DRC in Cameroon and DRC in the Niger. However, if manageable and only with the approval of the Regional Director, others countries may be included in the scope of the tasks ensured by the Grant Management Trainee.
In addition to the above, the Grant Management Trainee may be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Regional Head of Support Services or the Regional Head of Programmes.
- Academic Degree (Bachelor or Master) in International Development/ Development Studies, International Relations, Economics, Political Science/ Public Affairs, Business Administration or Management, or another relevant field is required;
- Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management;
- Proven operational management experience and capability;
- Significant experience of grant management and understanding of institutional fund-raising;
- Proven significant financial management experience;
- Significant experience in procurement and tender processes;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with a well-developed ability to motivate and persuade at high levels;
- Full professional fluency in French language (80% of the professional communication in this position will be done in French, including almost all the communication within the WARO);
- Proficiency (written and spoken of the English language;
- Understanding of the different contexts of the West Africa Region;
- Excellent Computer Skills (MS Office, Internet) and an advanced proficiency in Excel are required.
Required Skills & Qualities
- Core Competencies of DRC:
- Striving for excellence
- Taking the lead
- Demonstrating Integrity
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment
- Proactivity, with a sound commitment to teamwork and with a spirit of genuine collaboration
- Excellent communication skills, as well as patience and politeness, are required
- Multi-tasking and Organizational skills are necessary
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Exemplary sense of ethics in the workplace
- Team-oriented & good sense of humor
- The employee shall follow DRC instructions on safety, confidentiality and ethical guidelines, including the Code of Conduct and the Humanitarian Accountability Framework
- Employee should not engage in any other paid activity during the DRC contract period without prior authorization
- Employee should not engage in any activity that could harm DRC or the implementation of any project during the DRC contract period
- Employee should not give interviews to the media or publish project-related photos or other material without prior authorization
- Employee shall return all borrowed equipment for the project to DRC after the end of the contract period or upon request
Salary & Conditions
- Supervised by : Regional Head of Support Services
- Reporting to : Regional Head of Support Services
- Duty Station : Dakar
- Aera of Operation : Region of West Africa (Regional Office + 2 countries)
- Employement Period : 12 months
- Type of Contract (Expat/National/Trainee) : Trainee
- Designation of Duty Station : Family Duty Station / Non-accompanied position
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Salary & Benefits : 10,000 DKK
Applications close on the 29th of June, 2020. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Laisser un commentaire